Saturday, July 7, 2007

a day at the park

City parks are one of the best reasons to live in town -- especially if they're within walking distance. When we were young, I remember visiting my grandma in Greenfield, Iowa and being amazed that right across the street from her house was one of the best parks known to man. I'm sure in reality it was just a skimpy little park with some old swings, a beat-up see-saw and a rusty merry-go-round. But when you're 4 or 5, I couldn't imagine anything better. We didn't visit Grandma Ehm that often, but I always looked forward to seeing her and playing at that park.

Today we live just a few blocks away from one of our city parks. Michele and Wendy are already making a routine of going on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. The other day, I rode my bike and met them there after work, and we took a few photos (with our new digital camera!).





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I almost cried seeing your beautiful family. Tell Michele thanks for the package. I was all giddy when I opened it.